This regulation explains requirements for manufacturing, importing, buying, selling, transporting, and storing explosive materials.
Important topics include:
- Definitions of terms used in this regulation
- Definition of "explosive materials"
- Prohibited shipment, transportation, receipt, possession, or distribution
- License and permit requirements for importers, manufacturers, dealers, and users
- License and permit denial or revocation
- Conduct of business by licensees and operations by permittees
- Records and reports required of licensees and permittees
- Exemptions to requirements
- Relief from explosive materials prohibitions
- Unlawful acts, penalties, seizures, and forfeitures
- Marking of plastic explosives
- Storage of explosive materials, including tables of distances
Search 27 CFR Part 555
Some example topic searches:
Legal limitations of this tool
The ATF’s eRegulations tool is an editorial compilation of material and not an official legal edition of the Code of Federal Regulations or the Federal Register . We have made every effort to ensure the material presented in this tool is accurate, but if you are relying on it for legal research you should consult the official editions of those sources to confirm your findings. Nothing in this tool binds ATF or creates any rights, benefits, or defenses, substantive or procedural, that are enforceable by any party in any manner.